Senior UE Generalist
You’re a Senior UE Generalist, passionate about 3D and virtual solutions. You will join a team of 3D Artists and UE Generalists who will work together on a series of Unreal Engine based projects. These projects are of high-quality standards, visually and technically, requiring deep knowledge technically but also creative vision.
Your daily responsibilities
- Preparation and evaluation of virtual projects in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4)
- Optimizing scenes, materials, LOD’s
- Modeling the assets to be used in the UE4 scenes
- Assembling the Unreal Engine 4 scenes using the assets, according to the concept
- Setting up the camera and lights according to the script and storyboard
- Refining textures and lighting
- Sharing of knowledge in technical parts of using UE4
- Creative direction and composition for individual scenes, within the guides established by lead creatives of a project
- Foresee and plan around possible problems a project might encounter
Is this you?
- Solid understanding of lighting, rendering, post-process, material setup, Blueprints, and general workflows inside UE4
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software with a core understanding of the inner workings of the tool
- Understanding of animation pipelines, incl. character and environment setups
- Understanding of PBR Materials, Shaders, Textures
- Understanding the basics of photography and videography
- Ability to work in a team with people from different backgrounds
- Motivation to improve constantly (you welcome feedback and want to learn from others)
ZOAN is an award-winning metaverse studio based in Helsinki, Finland. Since 2010, our vision has been to combine the latest technologies with high-quality 3D graphics. Our groundbreaking work has been recognized globally in projects such as Virtual Helsinki and pioneering Finland’s virtual May Day concert.
We are trusted partners in virtual production, computer-generated graphic design, and rendering these into seamless interactive experiences. Our projects include creating virtual metaverse experiences and content accessible with the most used interfaces.
Our team is a diverse group of talented individuals who share a passion for working on extraordinary projects. We are 3D modelers, UE artists, producers, VFX experts, and storytellers serving global brands, municipalities, cultural institutions, and startups to step beyond the physical boundaries.
We have pushed the boundaries to bridge the gap between real and virtual worlds for 12 years. We embrace the unknown to extend reality.
ZOAN is also the home for Burst Live, a company changing the entertainment experiences virtually, and Cornerstone.land, a photorealistic metaverse platform for pioneering minds.
Why join the team? The highlights include
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one, getting to create experiences that matte
- Work with global international clients
- An environment of learning - both through projects and together with our talented colleagues
- We are in a growth phase, which means you get to make an impact and grow together with the company
- Flat hierarchy and freedom to design your work
- International atmosphere - we have team members from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Flexible and remote work possibilities - we don’t have a requirement to be at the office. If you prefer, we have a centrally located office in Helsinki (Bulevardi 1) and soon an office in Lisbon, Portugal
- If you are not located in Finland but would love to take the leap and relocate, we can offer relocation assistance after a remote trial period
A new reality awaits.