Would you like to shape your future experiences and go beyond reality? Now you have the perfect opportunity to join a growing team of passionate people who share a pixel-perfect vision.
We are looking for an experienced CG Lead to join our team who can both solve technical issues as well as lead people. This candidate might have a background in the game industry, VFX, or animation production and already have extensive knowledge of the different areas of 3D, such as modeling and texturing animation.
As a CG Lead, you are responsible for leading a team of 3D artists and UE generalists. In this role, you will play an essential role in our production team. You also get to give your input in developing the production pipeline and processes, as well as work with high-end international projects.
Your daily responsibilities might include:
- Following 3D elements and environments from concept through to final composition, overseeing all parts created by the 3D team
- Prioritizing tasks and managing time to make sure tasks are completed within schedule and budget
- Solving technical issues and tech-related questions (e.g., from clients and team members such as producers or salespeople)
- Collaborating with the People team on recruitments for the 3D team (reviewing portfolios, technical interviews)
Is this you?
To succeed in this role…
- You have advanced experience in 3D production (the whole 3D workflow from asset creation to texturing and animations) - e.g., work experience in the game industry/VFX/animation
- You have experience with game engines (basic knowledge of Unreal Engine)
- You have great people skills and can lead teams
- You are solution-oriented and resourceful (you enjoy problem-solving, and you have a passion for developing new solutions and creating innovative products)
- You have great collaboration skills (you are willing to share knowledge and help others within the team, but also know to ask for help when you need it)
- You are fluent in English (no Finnish required)
Nice to have:
- Interest in pixel streaming, web3, or Metaverse
- Experience with VR or AR
ZOAN is an award-winning metaverse studio based in Helsinki, Finland. Since 2010, our vision has been to combine the latest technologies with high-quality 3D graphics. Our groundbreaking work has been recognized globally in projects such as Virtual Helsinki and pioneering Finland’s virtual May Day concert.
We are trusted partners in virtual production, computer-generated graphic design, and rendering these into seamless interactive experiences. Our projects include creating virtual metaverse experiences and content accessible with the most used interfaces.
Our team is a diverse group of talented individuals who share a passion for working on extraordinary projects. We are 3D modelers, UE artists, producers, VFX experts, and storytellers serving global brands, municipalities, cultural institutions, and startups to step beyond the physical boundaries.
We have pushed the boundaries to bridge the gap between real and virtual worlds for 12 years. We embrace the unknown to extend reality.
ZOAN is also the home for Burst Live, a company changing the entertainment experiences virtually, and Cornerstone.land, a photorealistic metaverse platform for pioneering minds.
Why join the team? The highlights include:
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one, getting to create experiences that matte
- Work with global international clients
- An environment of learning - both through projects and together with our talented colleagues
- We are in a growth phase, which means you get to make an impact and grow together with the company
- Flat hierarchy and freedom to design your work
- International atmosphere - we have team members from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Flexible and remote work possibilities - we don’t have a requirement to be at the office. If you prefer, we have a centrally located office in Helsinki (Bulevardi 1) and soon an office in Lisbon, Portugal
- If you are not located in Finland but would love to take the leap and relocate, we can offer relocation assistance after a remote trial period
A new reality awaits.